Photographer and Multimedial Artist
Graduated in Philosophy of Language, Martina lives between Rome and Turin, where she works as a photographer of works of art. Over the latest ten years, she has been professionally connected to the international contemporary art's and artists's scenes.
Apart from photography, her productions involves video installations, poetry, written-art, dreams turned into depicted images and spoken dreams.
Since her academic studies, sheʼs always been fond of the dimension of dreams, both in their semiotic and visual layers. Her eyes focus with geometrical abstractions and multi-layer sceneries.
She published her first novel “La bambina è sovrappensiero e non lo dice” in 2006.
Lately, she ideated and started the photographic project named “WYTYA”, a powerful combination of black and white portraits and graphical layout.
In 2018 she founded the italian photo agency M3vision.
Solo exhibitions & projects:
- "Vuoti", handmade book of poems.
- "Der Traum Archiv", meetings to save written memories of dreams. A project founded by Laura Parker from Nai'n Theatre Collaborativ in Leipzig (DE)
- ʻWYTYA // Words You Think You Areʼ, photography, video and poster art, urban installations.
- ʻMETROPOLISʼ, MilanoFiera, (MI), photography + Dusseldorf (DE) , a cura di Camilla Boemio + slide show, La Casa dellʼArchitettura, Roma
- ʻWalk through inkʼ, Via Lauretana, (SI), video installation, a cura di Camilla Boemio
- ʻGot body – There is no war in Solipsismʼ, Underground Gallery, Dijon (FR) photography + Le Primtemps de l'Europe, Dijon + Semur (FR)
- ʻLEISUREʼ, Officine Fotografiche, Rome (IT), photography (22 november - 6 december), a cura di Thomas Bugno
- ʻNessuna Sedia a dondoloʼ, Tuba, Rome, (IT) photography & dreamlog set
- 'Is Dream Surface?', SpazioPrimaRelease, Rome (IT) photography
- 'Lederemulticolor 0'1', Virtual Plasma, Florence (IT) video, a cura di Francesca Querci
- ʻLʼarte aiuta lʼarte, Rome Contemporary 2012”, MAAM Roma, photography
- ʻIAN+ Architects / Rome-London: Work in processʼ, British accademy, Rome (IT), photography
- ʻOpeningʼ, Takeawaygallery, Rome (IT), photography
- ʻBoundaries-Confiniʼ, Festival della Fotografia, International Exposition of Rome, Casa del Jazz, Rome (IT) photography
- 'Art-island II', 491 Gallery, London (UK) video
- 'The O inThree', Cineclub Detour, Rome (IT) video and electrodreamreading
- 'Words and sounds and crazydolls', La Porta Blu Gallery, Rome (IT) video
- "Italienische Queer Musikerinnen" Porträt, Die Preziöse #3
- "Cornelia Albrecht" Famo Magazine, Winter 2013
- "Rho, live pictures from Kyrie Eleison tour'" on Just Kids Magazine, 2013
- ʻMARTINA MAGNO // METROPOLISʼ, monography curated by Camilla Boemio
- ʻInterview to Martina Magnoʼ on The Hidden Room, Fine-art Photography webzine
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Flickr